The internet has the potential to be the great equalizer, but too often, it leaves some people out of the equation. My mission is to bring awareness to more designers, developers, and content writers that the work they do has a direct impact on people's lives, for better or worse.
For more than a decade I've worked with healthcare, hospitality, restaurants, non-profits, educational, and governmental organizations to provide accessible user experiences for their site visitors.
Things I made and collaborated on
- Color Contrast Checker
- Accessibile Tabs and Accordions
- Create colorful Pixel Art with your mouse, keyboard or fingers/stylus on a touch device.
- Draw with a mouse, stylus or fingers using a touch device with this HTML5 canvas drawing pad.
- CloudPanels. Draw collaboratively with friends.
- Fine Art for Sale
Public speaking and educating
I love inspring others to get excited about the possibilities they can unlock for people when they create accessible websites and software. My accessibility training methods include fun, interactive activities, that help build empathy with people that have to adapt to challenging experiences. I also show how to incorporate accessibility practices into your everyday workflow.
- Accessibility Talk and Workshop, at SunshinePHP Conference February 8-10 2018
- Iowa Web Accessibility, UX, & Inclusive Design Meetups
- Guide to UX Testing with Assistive Technology, at Madison PHP 2017
- Make Your Website More Accessible, Geonetric Webinar
- Iowa Code Camp
- AAF Ad Hop
- Education Is - Kirkwood Podcast
- Private Company Presentations
(Contact me if you would like a day of in-house training at your business)
- Private Client Symposium at Geonetric (2009, 2015, 2016)
- I'm a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals
- Organizer of the Iowa Web Accessibility, UX, & Inclusive Design Meetup
- Aging 2.0
Elsewhere on the web
- W3C Stakeholder
- Top people to follow in web accessibility
- Top 100 accessibility influencers and brands on Twitter
- Accessibility Guidelines that Healthcare Marketers Overlook