The internet has the potential to be the great equalizer but too often it leaves some people out of the equation. My mission is to bring awareness to more designers, developers, and content writers that the work they do has a direct impact on people's lives, for better or worse.
For more than a decade I've worked with healthcare, hospitality, restaurants, non-profits, educational, and governmental organizations to provide accessible user experiences for their site visitors.
Things I made or helped with
- Color Contrast Checker
- Accessibile Tabs and Accordions
- Pixel Art This fun project was a joint effort between an awesome coworker and myself. Create colorful pixel art with your mouse, keyboard or fingers on a touch device.
- Fine Art for Sale
Public speaking and educating
I love inspring others to get excited about the possibilities they can unlock for people when they create accessible websites and software. My accessibility training methods include fun, interactive activities, that help build empathy with people that have to adapt to challenging experiences. I also show how to incorporate accessibility practices into your everyday workflow.
- Private Client Symposium at Geonetric (2009, 2015, 2016)
- Make your website more accessible webinar
- Iowa Code Camp
- Private Company Presentations - Contact me if you would like a day of in-house training at your business.
- IA WA UX ID Meetups
- AFF Ad Hop
- Kirkwood "Education Is" Podcast
- I'm a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals
- Organizer of the Iowa Web Accessibility, UX, & Inclusive Design Meetup
- Aging 2.0
Elsewhere on the web
- W3C Steakholder
- Top people to follow in web accessibility
- Top 100 accessibility influencers and brands on Twitter
I'm available for volunteering. Please contact me if you are a non-profit looking for web accessibility help.